The Mad River Valley: Come for the mountains stay because its awesome.
Come celebrate life where the mountains roll and the rivers run north. Enjoy the slower pace and incredible beauty—hiking maintained trails or exploring more wild terrain. The Valley offers so much: from our celebrated old-thyme farmer’s market to fine dining and entertainment, this is a magic place to so many who visit or choose to call it home.
- Ski at the renowned Mad River Glen (since 1948) or Sugarbush Resort (16 lifts and 53 miles of groomed trails with plenty of back-country stash's)
- Spend a day at Blueberry Lake: Kayaking, swimming, canoeing and fishing or hike/mountain bike its 3.8 miles of beginner to intermediate trails
- Enjoy our two x-country ski touring centers with a combined 50 miles of trails: Oli’s and Blueberry Lake
- Seek out and ride our extensive and expanding network of back country mountain bike trails
- Visit one of our fine breweries and check out whats on tap
- Take in a movie at the Big Picture Theater
- Spend some time at the world famous Warren Falls
- Celebrate local craft and agriculture at the Waitsfield Farmer's Market
- Book a treatment at Mad River Massage
- Align and balance with some reiki, yoga and crystal healing at Mountain Rose Wellness Center
- Enjoy a day on our championship golf course designed by Robert Trent Jones
- Take a tennis lesson at The Bridges Resort or The Sugarbush Health and Racket club
- Explore the Mad River and the tributaries (plenty of fishing and cherished swimming holes)
- Get in a work out at the Bridges or the Sugarbush Sports Center
The beautiful Mad River Valley boasts a myriad of trails and bucolic back roads for walking and jogging (all dog friendly) and a robust road biking community with multiple mountain gap roads and routes through the mountains. Local breweries share the stage with new vineyards in the meadows alongside the East Warren Road. The celebrated Farmer's Market operates every Saturday from Spring to Fall. The Valley has many fine restaurants—offering everything from fun, family fare to gourmet cuisine. Championship golf course, horseback riding, tennis, indoor fitness centers, yoga and massage.